I found the movie discussion very interesting because I enjoy learning about mass media. I really liked learning about the importance because it is interesting how American culture developed. One example of how movies influence American culture is it creates a kind of social hierarchy based on when someone sees a movie. The sooner someone sees the movie, the more important that individual may feel because of these cultural standards.
Something else I found interesting is learning about why movie theaters are still popular when television shows are far more convenient. I had not thought about this before. One of the reasons people go is because of the immersive experience. This means that movie theaters try to make people feel like they are in the movie. I have actually experienced this before. If a movie looks very well done, I might see it in a movie theater instead of at home, renting it from Amazon. When movies look less exciting, I will probably wait for them to come out on Amazon.
I also found learning about how movies did not feature adult topics in earlier products was very intriguing. Now these topics are everywhere in American society. When movies had to use demassification, one of the ways they did it was by adding more adult focused content. This was working very well abroad. Movies made more money after this, and influenced culture.
No comments:
Post a Comment