Thursday, October 29, 2015

Responce to Leisel's Radio Post

I found Leisel's idea that we needed to learn more about the effect of the radio very interesting. I, myself, thought of a way that radio could effect culture in my post about the radio discussion. What I said was that radio helped to influence the culture of music because of Rock, while Rock saved the radio when it had to use demassification. I had also mentioned how this was one of many factors in bringing people together through similar interests in music. I had not, however, considered that it brought people together when they sat around the radio, listening to it. This could bring people together by also providing them with similar interests. This happened when people were brought together by magazines. People became literate because it was something to discuss in the same way people become more enriched in different kinds of music to have something to discuss and relate to.

I found the poetic rise and fall of the radio as Leisel portrays it to be in her post to be very interesting. For something fall for the same reason it rose in the first place is very ironic. This rise and fall pattern has been in place throughout all kinds of methods of mass communication. The newspaper rose as it was new technology, and fell to the internet, which is becoming new technology. The magazine rose for the same reason, then fell to television. The radio rose in the same way and fell to television also. Television rose in the same way, and is falling due to Netflix, Hulu, and the internet in general. This is the pattern of the rise and fall of types of media.

I find Leisel's post very intriguing. To find it click the link below.

http://fleurdelisten.blogspot.com/2015/10/class-discussion-radio.html

No comments:

Post a Comment