I found it interesting on the day in which class discussed the influence of the printing press that there was such a huge impact on the world. I particularly found the split of the Christian religion because of this invention to be interesting. The influence of the Catholic Church was so great that people's lives were centered around it. For it to be split into many sections because of this new knowledge that people have received is so very intriguing.
I am still confused about one part of this topic. Since Martin Luther, the man who pointed out the flaws of the Church, was a priest, he would have already been literate. How, then, did the printing press making literacy common have an effect on the split?
It may be because when he wrote the list of these flaws, a greater number of people could read it. They could also read the bible and realize that what he said was true. This would influence a greater amount of people to come together and create a new Christian religion.
No comments:
Post a Comment